Even though the Flytec 6030 (aka Bräuniger IQ Compeo+) is now part of Naviter’s offering, we still maintain its software, fix bugs, make sure it stays up to date with international competition rules, etc. This is also true for the 6030’s little brother, the 6020 (aka Competino+).
The most recent additions are:
- WGS84 distance calculation, as required for participating in FAI Category 1 competitions (world and continental championships). To get WGS distance calculation, you need to:
- Install the latest firmware for your vario (see below).
- Purchase the release code for this feature (see below). Be sure to give the correct device type and serial number. You find the serial number on the start-up screen, right after confirming the language, next to the “S/N” label.
- Wait until you receive the release code by Email, usually within 24 hours after the purchase.
- Go to Menu – Device settings – Software options – package 6 (WGS84 distance calc.). Enter the code you received from us.
- Go to Menu – Device settings – Earth model and choose between FAI sphere and WGS84 ellipsoid.
- A fix that makes sure the vario puts the correct date in its IGC files, even after GPS date roll-over on April 6, 2019. With this fix, your vario will work properly at least until 2038.
- A fix of a bug in some of the GPS modules’ software that caused a loss of GPS reception after 1-3 hours of flight.
- More bug fixes, see release notes below
If you like the fact that we keep these vario classics alive and up to date, consider supporting our efforts with a donation.Donate
The proceeds from the WGS84 distance calculation software option and these donations enable us to continue rendering this service. Thank you!